Summer School Volunteers
CFC Summer School is a program for children in the Champaign-Urbana community in grades K-5. The aim of the program is not only to minister to the children in our growing Sunday School program, but to initiate and build relationships with the community at large. The program accepts 100 to 150 students each summer with students from Christian and non-Christian family backgrounds. We hope to encourage friendships amongst the children, interactions with Christian teachers and staff, and participation in an enriching learning and social experience for all those involved.
As a part of the staff, we trust that God will give everyone involved a chance to see God’s heart for His kingdom through little children. Especially as we think about the world in which kids have to grow up these days, it is a high calling and privilege that God entrusts to us as we become a part of their growing process for a summer. With so many other views, ideas, and people that influence children, we realize that ministering to them is such an important and urgent ministry. Thank you for our interest – we covet your work as well as your prayers in making this another successful summer!
- To reach out to the community around us by offering a quality program as a means of sharing God’s love. We believe that the quality of our work will reflect the value and worth of Christ.
- To train workers on many different levels: developing quality teachers, giving people opportunities to serve, building unity through a common goal and purpose, and fostering relationships with one another as well as the students.
- To raise up the next generation of believers and equipping these children to stand firm in a changing world.
- Orientation Meeting for Volunteers: Time and Location: TBD.
- The 5-week program starts on Monday, June 18th and ends on Friday, July 20th. There will be NO SCHOOL on Wednesday, July 4th.
- The final week concludes with a Vacation Bible School.
- Community Projects are tentatively scheduled for Friday.
- The location of the program will be at Wesley.
- The program will consist of academic courses in the morning and activities/elective courses in the afternoon.
- An optional lunch will be provided by the summer school.